Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Why Linux founder endorses Google's Nexus One?

Why does Linus Torvalds, leader of the Linux kernel programming project love Nexus One?

According to him, he always think that phones are so irritating and it is only a gadget that is very disturbing. Torvalds said in a blog post. "But I have to admit, the Nexus One is a winner."

What are the features that won him over?

He said "I've wanted to have a GPS unit for my car anyway, and I thought that Google navigation might finally make a phone useful," Torvalds said. "And it does. What a difference!

I no longer feel like I'm dragging a phone with me 'just in case' I would need to get in touch with somebody--now I'm having a useful gadget instead. The fact that you can use it as a phone, too, is kind of secondary."

Google’s Android run on Java like layer atop, Google’s Dalvik virtual machine and accompanying software libraries.

More recently, though, Google issued a Native Development Kit for software that runs directly on the phone's Linux operating system. Through that technology, Mozilla is working on a version of Firefox for Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment