Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Ludacris Cognac Conjure!



The Ludacris empire continues to expand. His recent endeavour involves his very own Cognac line. The announcement was made at Wine and Spirits show, Vinexpo, which took place this week in Bordeaux, France. The unique line, named Conjure, will be a joint enterprise between himself, and owner of the Birkedal Hartmann Cognac brand, Kim Hartmann

Conjure will target the urban market, but not simply by celebrity endorsement.
“It’s not just me attaching my name to it,” the Atlanta star told the Agence France-Presse. “Whenever I involve myself in a business, I submerge myself in it.”

Ludacris spent a week last January experimenting with over 40 new flavours until a taste was created which he felt would favour the targeted urban market.

“I wanted to learn as much as possible. It was great. It gave me a new appreciation for Cognac,” Ludacris stated.

Ludacris has certainly done his homework, as an estimated 60-80 percent of Cognac sales are from African Americans, in the American market. Cognac has long been associated with hip hop culture, and referenced by Jay-Z, Tupac, Nas and Dr. Dre in various songs.

The first batch of orders are due to ship to Norway on the 1st July. Then in September, Ludacris is hoping to import 1 million bottles into America.

No comments:

Post a Comment